Rules & Regulations
Degree Completion Requirement
- Completion of minimum 40 credits, and
- Passing of all courses individually with at least D grade, and
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5 or above
Breakdown of a Semester
The Post Graduate Diploma in Library and Information Science (PGDLIS) program in the Institute of Information Sciences, Noakhali Science and Technology University (NSTU) is a one-year program consisting of two semesters; each has the duration of six months, and consists of:
- Classes 15 weeks
- Semester final examination 3 weeks
- Result publication 3 weeks
- Semester break 3 weeks
- Less than 75% attendance will be treated as non-collegiate student. A non-collegiate student has to apply to the Director, IIS program office to sit for the examination and upon the approval of academic committee, IIS; he/she has to deposit TK 3000/-(Three thousand) as fine as per university rules.
- Below 60% attendance, student should not be allowed to sit for the examination as per university rules.
- Supplementary examination fee per course is TK 2000/-
Students are strictly forbidden from adopting unfair means. Students who will adopt unfair means will be punished as per rules of Noakhali Science & Technology University.